S.R.Smith Creates ‘Fiber to LED Conversion Kits’ as a Retrofit Solution to Growing Demand for Energy-Efficient LED Lighting in an Aging Pool Market
NEW Power Tower PT-6001 and PT-6002 are Direct Replacement for Old Fiberstars Fiber Optic Illuminators
Canby, OR. (December 11, 2019) — The worldwide leader in residential and commercial pool deck equipment, lighting and access products, S.R.Smith, is pleased to announce a new lighting solution designed specifically to convert older pools and spas with outdated fiber optic lighting to energy-efficient LED lights. The Power Tower PT-6001 and Power Tower PT-6002 Fiber to LED Conversion Kits provide single and dual transformer options for retrofit applications. Controlled with a simple to use handheld remove, the PT-6001 and PT-6002 lets customers select colors and light shows at the touch of a button.
According to Pkdata, the largest swimming pool and hot tub research company, there are more than 3 million pools that are 20 years old or older. Between the late 1980s through the early 2000s, fiber optic lighting was commonly installed in residential pools. Since that time many of these installations either no longer work at all, or the pools appear very dark because of the degraded, fading fiber optic lights.
The PT-6001 and PT-6002 provide a solution for pool industry professionals to make their customers’ pools feel new again with a simple retrofit solution that doesn’t require a complete renovation.
Power Tower PT-6001/PT-6002 Product Features:
- Fiber to LED Conversion Kits include everything needed to replace old fiber optic illuminators with new LED lights
- Available as single 60W, 1-circuit unit (PT-6001) or dual 60W, 2-circuit unit (PT-6002) with sync or independent circuit control
- Both models include 12VAC and 13VAC output options and an auto-resetting thermal fuse for overloading and replaceable current fusing for enhanced water safety
- New screwless terminals for reliable, quick and easy connections in half the time (compared to original PT-6000) — no wire nuts required
- Wireless remote control with one-touch color sync for S.R.Smith LED lighting products
- Corrosion-resistant polycarbonate enclosure rated NEMA 3R
- ETL Listed — Conforms to UL 379
- Certified to CSA C22.2#218.1
- Direct replacement for Fiberstars 6004/2004 fiber optic illuminators
- Two year warranty
This announcement follows closely on the heels of the recent Mod-Lite™ release, which brings an all-new category of pool lighting to the industry by being the first wireless LED pool light. S.R.Smith’s proprietary wireless power technology, PowerPass™, enables power to flow directly to the wireless LED lamp module, without a physical connection to power, making installation and service much faster, safer, and more efficient. The new Power Tower PT-6001 and Power Tower PT-6002 Fiber to LED Conversion Kits are available with the new and popular Mod-Lite.
S.R.Smith has been in business since 1932 when Samuel Robert Smith originally made diving boards out of Oregon’s Douglas fir timber. The company has continued to grow through product innovation, geographic expansion and acquisitions. Today, S.R.Smith is a leading manufacturer of residential and commercial pool deck equipment, lighting products and ADA compliant lifts with facilities in Oregon, Arizona, Tennessee and Australia.